Barn Owl - A Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall, UK

Annie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Annie »

Some days I've been watching the tail and the faces of momowl.Today had luck: Saw several minutes baby owlets during mom was refreshing outside.
:chick: Kuva
:smilie_wet_150: Kuva
:love2: Kuva
Annie

Mom came with a prey at midnight 11 June 2011. This looked and made me a little sad. The chicks doesn't looked happy... (I wonder, how soon mom began to prey... is there not been enough to feed?

Kuva
Annie

It's about noon, the chicks alone at the nest.

KuvaKuvaKuvaKuva
Saru

Viesti Kirjoittaja Saru »

:treehug: :owl: :owl: :owl: :treehug:
Ihanasti lepäilevät pikku pöllöt Kuvissasi Annie :)
Annie

Olin minäkin iloinen, nähdessäni poikasten olevan tyytyväisen oloisina pesällä. Myöhemmin tulin tilanteeseen, missä ehkä oli ruokailu loppumassa, sillä senkin jälkeen poikaset vaikuttivat tyytyväisiltä. Sitten emo erkani johonkin puuhaan pesän seinustalle, mistä en saanut selvää, palasi joksikin aikaa poikasten luo ja lähti.

Yllättävää ja mielenkiintoista oli, ettei emo pyrkinyt ottamaan poikasia yhtään suojiinsa, ja poikasetkin tottuneen oloisesti kävivät nojaamaan emon kylkeen - ja enemmän vielä toisiinsa. Isoin poikanen tuntuu kantavan huolta pienemmistään. Tuota olen muissakin tornipöllöpesueissa nähnyt.

KuvaKuvaKuvaKuvaKuva KuvaKuvaKuva

Jos tämä viimeinen kuva (tämä kamera löytyy lehtopöllökameran kohdalta) on pöllökodin ulkopuolelta, ei emo poistunut ulos, vaan voorportaaliin.
Annie

KuvaKuvaKuva About 08am.

Saru has taken a pic (at the Finnish page), there we can see that mom has been looking for food., she looks all over wet.
Annie

Kuva Kuva About 21.15pm Kuva All three are growing.
It seems they mostly are among themshelves at days also.. both parents takes care of food.
Annie

I got a prey from my parent!

Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva Well done, Little one!
Annie

Update
11/07/11 - Today the Barn Owl Trust have ringed, weighed and measured the Owlets. They discovered that we have two females and one male.

:owl: :owl: :owl:
Annie

Update
14/07/11 - As you can see the box looks empty but all three Owlets are there. They are currently hiding in the corridor as this is where all the food is delivered!
Kuva Kuva
Annie

Barn siblings! Think I saw all three this morning. :treehug:

The oldiest one was exercising flying skill.

Kuva .. outside
Kuva inside

Kuva Wow, how wonderful!
Kuva Yes, I do further! :ifly:
Kuva
Annie

Waiting for a prey from Mom and Dad.

Kuva

Kuva
Annie

:smilie_wet_150: Hey, here are flown already! :ifly:

I guess, this might be the middle one. How carefully and systematically it is preparing to fly!

KuvaKuvaKuva
Kuva

The last picture, it had flown higher, out of the picture, perhaps on top of a roof chair.
Annie

... following

After that the youngest noted NOT ME, NOT ME - - NOT YET! :love2: :smiley1453:

Kuva
Kuva
Lukittu