Dunedin Osprey Cam, Florida 2012 - 2013

Molly

Viesti Kirjoittaja Molly »

Tässä uusin viesti facebookista, kamera ei aukea edelleenkään, ainakaan mulla.
Viesti on kopioitu Dunedinin fb-sivulta.

"Taken on my I-Phone- 1:54pm- Chick is trying to get shade under mom.
The temp is around 83* and sunny at the nest. The fact that Pinella is a young female, she still hasn't quite learned all the things she needs to do to keep her chicks safe. The loss of Chick #2 might be due to heat exhaustion since she isn't keeping them covered from the sun. Another possibility is that a predator swooped up our chick when Pinella and Stirling were off the nest. By being able to see into the lives of wildlife through live cams, we are seeing both the good and the bad that we weren't aware of. Nature can be so cruel at times. Since we choose to look into their lives, we have to learn how to accept the good with the bad."

:smiley1453: Selviytymistä ja kaikkea hyvää nyt tuolle ainoalle poikaselle :smiley1453:
All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. -Li Po-
EsmeraldaSable

Viesti Kirjoittaja EsmeraldaSable »

Voi ei! Karsea tilanne!
Best: Esmeralda
Molly

Tän kuvankin perusteella näyttää, että ainoastaan yksi poikasista on jäljellä :what: Mutta sitäkin terhakampi, joten hyvää elämää sille :D

Kuva
All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. -Li Po-
iris

Viesti Kirjoittaja iris »

Kävin myös täällä, yksi poikanen hanakasti ruokaili ja emo hanakasti syötti. Ja poikanen varjossa auringon paahteelta. Jatkuisipa yhtä hyvin :prayer:
Kuva
dunedinospreycam.com
Molly

:smilie_wet_150: Terveisiä Dunedinista :smilie_wet_150:

Kuva
Mimmu

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mimmu »

Dunedinissä ainokainen on pesällä emo seurassa. Kylläpä siivet ovat kasvaneet! Tuntuu kuin pieni olisi yhtä siipeä!
iris

Aamu valkeamassa, täällä herätyskello taisi soida kuuden maissa, kun kotipihan nurmenleikkuu alkoi, oli vielä sen verran hämärää että ajovalotkin tarvittiin. Mutta sitten yhtäkkiä aamu oli saapunut ja poikanen teki ensimmäiset kunnon siivittelyt. Emo käväisi pesässä, taisi tilata aamiaista, palasi sitten oksalleen.

Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva
Pb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pb »

Jean (Dunedin Osprey Cam / Facebook) kirjoitti: Pinella Tucks Sparky in to weather Tropical Storm Andrea! 6 6 13

A video of Pinella gathering up the Spanish Moss and covering Sparky up. She's Amazing!

Youtube

© TweetDreams1
Ei minua varten tarvii keittää... :cb:
iris

:smilie_wet_150: A wonderful video! Thank you, Ploughboy! :treehug:
Molly

Kiitos Pb, että toit tuon videon fb:sta tällekin sivustolle :4U: Vuosien varrella ollaan nähty paljon videoklippejä rakastavista emoista, mutta mielestäni tää saattoi olla yksi koskettavimmista. Niin konkreettinen ja inhimillinen :smiley1453:
Pb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pb »

Jean / Dunedin Osprey Cam Facebook kirjoitti: Good Afternoon Friends! It has been a very tearful day for us at the Dunedin Cam! Sparky was removed from the nest for banding this morning and went into shock. For those that were watching and saw the truck race away, he was taken to a local rehabber but did not survive. It is thought that he had a weak heart and was unusually small for his age. As more information is passed on to us, I will be sure to post for all our viewers!

A special thanks to Nancy Abouhanna for posting news our loss. I have been having a hard time trying to gather my thoughts to post this information! - Jean

Nancy's Post:

It is with great sadness to let everyone here know that our little Sparky has passed away today 06.10.2013 Monday in Dunedin, FL I received word from Barbara Walker that Sparky didn't make it once at the rehab center. I do not know the cause of his death. Please, everyone say prayers everyday to help Pinella and Stirling to begin healing their broken hearts. They need the prayers. Sparky was a survivor from when he was born, bring such joy to his parents with how he grew so handsomely fast and was wingersizing, eating on his own at times. Sparky will never be forgotten and will always be remembered in our thoughts, prayers, souls. May God give peace to his broken hearted parents.
Ei minua varten tarvii keittää... :cb:
Teppana

Viesti Kirjoittaja Teppana »

voi miten surullinen uutinen :sad2:
Kaappasin eilen illalla 21:44 tämän kuvan, pesällä ei ollut ketään :cry:

Kuva
- Aikainen lintu madon nappaa -
Molly

Niin surullinen uutinen.
iris

Kyllä on surullista tämä. Kaikki poikaset menehtyivät, viimeisin vielä näin suurena! :sad2:
Dunedin Osprey Cam Facebook
15 tuntia sitten
Update...... I just got word from Barbara Walker that arrangements are being made to send our beloved "Sparky" for a necropsy.
Hopefully this will give us a better understanding of what caused our loss! - Jean
Mimmu

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mimmu »

Näin ikävästikö tässää kävi! Surullista. Oli niin virkeä poikanen.
Lukittu